Monday, May 24, 2010

New blog layout! The old blog felt... well, old. And I like updating things so I made it brighter and a little cleaner imo*. :)

I promise, PROMISE the invites are going to be out soon, they're all done! Seeeeeee?



I'm just waiting for a few more addresses (ahem! Dad! *cough* Ron! *cough*) and enough $$ for postage. And then they'll be on their merry way.

I keep thinking of more ideas for the wedding!! In the great words of Jim Carrey via 'The Mask' "SSSOMEBODY STOP ME!!" Cheesy? Unfortunately it's the truth. I've had almost a year of planning and thinking about the next big project to work on and now I've got nothing. Zip. Oh, I suppose I could do laundry and tidy up my room, but what fun is THAT?

My latest and greatest idea is for a candy buffet. It will essentially serve two purposes, 1: It's great decoration! And 2: Party favors! There will be small baggies and boxes (and mini candy scoops!!!!! So cute!) for guests to take what they'd like and bring home.

These are my inspirations:



[NOTE: I do not take credit for either of these photos. I googled 'blue candby buffet table' and these pictures were part of the results. I loved them and kudos to whomever created them.]

It's going to be soooo much fun putting this together!!

I also found pre-made pomanders on clearance for $2.00!!!!



Wooo!!! Exclamation point!!!

Oooooh and lastly. Something else that will be going on the Candy Buffet: CAKE POPS!



These tasty little treats are the best things ever, in my book. I discovered one of my new favorite websites: Bakerella.com. This person is one of the most creative people I have ever seen. Cake pops are delightful little cake balls rolled to perfection, then dipped in melted chocolate coating and put onto a stick. They look like suckers, but they're not! They're beautiful and they're delicious! And they're so easy to make! (Time-consuming but easy...) I plan on making a lot of these little guys to add some pep to the Candy display. :)

*imo = in my opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave Shane & Krista any thoughts or suggestions you may have: