Saturday, May 15, 2010

90 Days = Medical Benefits!

"Great things are coming to you this year." - This was a fortune inside a fortune cookie I got almost a year ago. Obviously it was right.

Going back to July of 2009, a recap: Shane & I both were laid off from our jobs.
August of 2009: Shane proposes. [OBVIOUSLY] I accept.
September 2009: Shane and I both find new jobs. Mine in retail, his in maintenence.
March 2010: Shane gets laid off again.
May 2010: I get offered a full time position at a new company [not in retail] with great pay. Two hours after I get offered a new job, Shane gets an offer at an electronics company. An hour after THAT Shane's older brother Ryan gets an offer for a new job as well.

GREAT THINGS are happening here. Today officially marks 90 days until the wedding. Ninety days until Shane and I get to start our new life together. It's more than exciting at this point. I'm still slowly collecting little details of the wedding that I'll need but everything is done. Invitations have been addressed and are waiting for their postage.

He and I went apartment hunting yesterday and had an enormous amount of fun doing so. We found a few places that will allow my big furry friend to accompany us and that was a relief. Alas, Shane's (and mine I suppose,) dream apartment wouldn't. But at least now we know there are good prospects out there for us if we can't find a rental house between now and July.

Soon I'll be changing my last name and we'll be applying for a marriage license. And living happily ever after. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it's so exciting.

Sorry this post isn't as quippy as normal. I'm tired. It's been a long day and I tried on a swim suit for the first time in six years - *gag*.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave Shane & Krista any thoughts or suggestions you may have: